Do you have an adventure you're scheming up?
We are stoked to make your custom adventure concept a reality no matter what it is. WE WON’T TRY WE WILL!
We'll create you an AAA elevated experience!
Do you have an adventure your scheming up?
- Looking for something specific for you and your family?
- Explore some remote valley or distant peak?
- Want to go somewhere exotic and multi cultural internationally?
- Looking for an itinerary with tours, helicopter accessed tours, or a hut adventure?
We are stoked to try and make your custom adventure concept a reality no matter what it is.
Our AAA Backcountry guides have experience guiding all over the planet in different mountain ranges, wild remote locations and with great local partners. We can create an itinerary for your BC holiday including many different activities for you and your group or family.
We will work with your group to make sure we take you to the most suitable area for you level of experience, fitness and goals. That’s the AAA elevated experience.
Your Custom Trip
Expect a Logistics package after paying for your tour including meeting place, guide info and policies.
Here is an example of where we will meet.
We will meet the morning of your tour at either:
- La Baguette in Revelstoke
- Jitas Cafe Golden
- Laggans Cafe Lake Louise
We will do waivers, look over equipment and talk about the day. We usually use the ski lift to access sidecountry terrain the first day so as to spend more time in the alpine and make skiing more accessible.
Not for beginners to ski touring.
If you have some experience touring and are looking to get on glaciers than this for you.
Intermediate to advanced skiers and riders.
Good physical fitness.
- Backcountry Skis and skins, Splitboard and skins
- Poles and 30 litre pack
- Avalanche Transceiver, Shovel, Probe
- Ski Crampons in the Rockies
- Ski strap
- Glacier Travel & Crevasse Rescue Kit (3 prussics @ 5m, 4 locking biners, 2 non-locking biners, double length sling, belay device, light ice screw, pulley )
We can arrange for you to borrow some of this equipment if needed.
- Base Layers
- Wool Touring Socks
- Neck Warmer
- Wool Hat/Benie
- Touring Gloves( Light ) and Ski Gloves ( Heavy )
- Warm “Puffy” Jacket Down is good but we recommend Synthetic
- Water Proof Jacket and Pants
- Wind proof soft shell jacket
- Sun Hat
- Hut Shoes ( light weight booties )
Regular Additional Touring Pack Contents
- Small Personal Repair Kit ( optional )
- First Aid Kit ( optional )
- Camera ( optional )
The mountains in winter can be pleasant and comfortable or harsh and inhospitable and everything in between. We generally do our intro days close to resorts with amenities or in Backcountry locations with easy access in and out to make it easier. We require everyone to show up with appropriate gear and clothing though as conditions can change fast and its important to stay warm and prepared.
Conditions can range from -15°C to plus 2°C, Sunny and clear to snowing hard and low light. Locations can be in open alpine to tree skiing weather dependent.
We will meet the morning of at a local cafe to go over equipment, talk about conditions and sign waivers.
For single day courses and refreshers we will drive to outdoor training location and start tours from there.
- Full day in the mountains ski touring, reviewing systems and practicing techniques
- Return to cars for mid to late afternoon tail gate chat and
- Lift Tickets
- Standard Backcountry Gear Rental